Cooking all these meals at home has been a bit rough, I’m not going to lie. If you feel the same way, try this no-fuss veggie one-pot pasta recipe instead of ordering take-out the next time you’re with friends or family. If you’re still looking for something to wow company with, or you’re just looking for something to relax with on the weekends, a one-pot dish is something you’ll be right at home with.
You can also add as many veggies as you’d like. It’s a great end-of-week meal when you need to use up those vegetables you bought last weekend. You can also add chicken to this dish or make it vegan by using a vegan cheese as garnish.
This is probably the easiest pasta dish to make. There is no draining or any real timing. You just cook it and take it off heat when it looks finished. The best part of one-pot recipes is that you can throw everything in the pot, including your uncooked spaghetti! This dish is too easy not to make!
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
- 1 box fettuccine or spaghetti
- 4 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan, for serving
- Prep your ingredients. Chop your basil. Slice your tomatoes in half if they are large, chop your garlic, and slice your onion.
- SautÃ© your onions and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add in your broth, baby spinach, tomatoes, basil. Let the broth come to a boil.
- Add in your noodles and cook according to the box, approximately 10 minutes. The broth will reduce and you’ll be left with a savory sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off heat when pasta is cooked.
If you tried this veggie one-pot pasta recipe, comment below to let me know how it turned out.