Looking for an easy dessert dish that will also use your leftover bread? Look no further. This Simple Bread Pudding recipe is an old southern comfort food dish that is easy to make as well as filling.
You can use left-over brioche or Challah bread. If you’re unsure what kind of bread to use, you can check out this Challah recipe.
The best part of a bread pudding is the crust that forms on top after baking and the warm gooey inside that is created. You can let the bread and custard mixture sit for a bit so that the custard soaks into the bread thoroughly before baking.
Serving with vanilla ice cream and freshly grated nutmeg is always a crowd pleaser as well.
I enjoy serving this simple bread pudding recipe with berries and/or ice cream.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium low heat melt your butter and warm your milk and add your vanilla, sugar, salt and spices. Cook over heat until the butter melts and mixture is warmed through. While your milk mixture is warming, butter your casserole dish and add your bread.
- Take your milk mixture off heat and add your whisked eggs.
- Add egg and milk mixture to your bread. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top has browned and the custard in the middle is set.
- Serve warm with ice cream or let cool and serve at room temperature.
Did you make this simple bread pudding recipe? Tell me how it turned out in the comments below.