This lychee mojito recipe is sweet, delicate and floral. I used freshly peeled lychees for this recipe, but you can also use canned lychees instead.
- Fresh Lychees: Use fresh lychees for a flavor that is unbeatable. Learn how to peel that (it’s really easy!) or use canned lychees in a pinch.
- White rum: Rum is a necessary ingredient in a mojito. Make sure to use white rum so it doesn’t overpower the delicate flavors.
- Simple syrup: This will sweeten your mojito, use more syrup than this recipe calls for if you’d like. You can also use the lychee syrup from the can if you choose to use canned lychees.
- Lime: Top off your lychee mojito with fresh lime. Make sure to squeeze some fresh lime into your mojito as well as topping off with a lime wedge for garnish.
- Fresh Mint Leaves: Fresh, sweet mint leaves is a must for any mojito. Use more for garnish.
- Soda Water: You will want to top off your mojito with a sparkling water or a soda water.
How to Make a Lychee Mojito
Making this fresh Lychee Mojito is not only a refreshing treat, but it’s the perfect summer cocktail.
First, add in your peeled Lychee nuts and muddle them together with fresh mint leaves, rum and simple syrup.
Then, fill your glass with ice and then top off with soda water or sparkling water.
Garnish your glass with extra mint and squeeze a wedge of lime into the drink.
How to Peel a Lychee Nut
The most daunting part of making this Lychee Mojito is peeling the Lychee nuts. All you have to do is peel off the tough skin of the nut and then pop out and discard the seed inside.
More Recipes you Might Like
Commonly Asked Questions about Lychee Drinks
Can I used canned Lychees for this recipe?
Yes! You can use canned Lychees for this drink. If you ever want to make a Lychee drink when Lychees are out of season, just use canned Lychees instead!
Can I use Lychee simple syrup instead of using simple syrup?
Yes! You can easily swap out the simple syrup for Lychee liqueur instead, or you can use the syrup from the Lychee can if you’re using canned Lychees.
What is in a Lychee mojito?
A Lychee mojito consists of: rum, lychees, simple syrup, fresh mint leaves, lime and sparkling water.