Make this healthy ranch dressing to replace the bottle of store-bought dressing that usually sits at the table. I promise, you won’t be able to tell the difference!
Generally, ranch dressing is made with a base of mayonnaise. Instead, this healthy ranch dressing is made with a non fat greek yogurt in place of mayo. It has a similar tang and taste as its full-fat counterpart but this recipe is packed full of protein.
- Greek Yogurt: Using a nonfat greek yogurt as the base for this recipe.
- Sour Cream: Add in some lite sour cream to this recipe.
- Buttermilk: This ingredient will give your homemade buttermilk ranch the perfect amount of tang.
- Lemon: Adding in a acid will help give the ranch it’s
- Water: (Or skim milk!) to thin the ranch dressing. This is a totally optional ingredient. The dressing without a bit of water or milk might be a little thick. Add in about half a cup of liquid
- Seasoning: Hidden Valley’s signature ranch seasoning is crucial when making this dressing! But if you don’t have any on hand just blend salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried or fresh: chives, parsley, and basil together into the other ingredients.
How to Make Healthy Ranch Dip
Making this ranch dressing is as easy as mixing all the ingredients together.
Add the sour cream, greek yogurt, lemon juice and seasoning together.
Look at the consistency and decide if you want to add in milk or water. If you plan on serving this ranch as a dip, then a thicker ranch, probably without adding a thinning agent, will be best. If you plan on serving ranch as part of a salad, you will want to thin it with water or milk.
Remember, after chilling the ranch dressing in the fridge, it will thicken.
Ways to Use Ranch Dressing
The ways to use this healthy ranch dressing is just about endless. Use it with cut-up veggies, on pizza or on almost any salad.