Make a classic fit into a diet lifestyle. This healthy egg salad with greek yogurt recipe is perfect whenever you want something filling and decadent.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: The most critical ingredient when making an egg salad is hard-boiled eggs! Hard-boil your eggs yourself by following the directions here.
- Greek Yogurt: While eggs salad is traditionally made with mayonnaise, you can replace much of the fat in a full-fat recipe by using a non-fat greek yogurt instead. Greek yogurt is so rich and creamy you won’t even miss the fat of the mayo!
- Celery: Celery adds a nice crunch to your egg salad. While this recipe only calls for a few stalks of celery, add as much or as little as you’d like!
- Green Onion: Adding a bit of onion will add a nice zest to your egg salad. If you’re not a fan of onion, feel free to omit completely.
How to Make Healthy Egg Salad with Greek Yogurt
Making this egg salad is a simple recipe to create.
Chop up all your ingredients so they are a similar size and mix together. Then, add in your Greek yogurt. Give it a good mix.
Taste your egg salad and see if you needs anything – such as more celery or onion. Add in salt or pepper.
Now you’re ready to serve your healthy egg salad! Serve as a sandwich, on crackers or just eat it straight out of the container with a spoon.
How to Serve Egg Salad
There are a couple ways to serve egg salad.
My favorite way to serve egg salad is in a sandwich. Make your sandwich by toasting a bun and adding sandwich toppings, such as mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato and onion.
You can also serve it as a dip, say if you’re at a large gathering or hosting a party. Serve with crackers, celery sticks or toasted crostini. Make it part of a charcuterie board by adding it in a serving bowl with meats and cheeses.
Egg Salad Variations
Looking to spice up this standard egg salad variation? There are a couple ways to add variations!
- Buffalo Egg Salad: Add about 3 tablespoons of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to your egg salad to make a buffalo egg salad.
- Hummus Egg Salad: Add in half a cup of plain hummus (or more!) to this egg salad recipe to make this a hummus & egg salad dish! It’ll be different while still being full of protein!
- Quinoa Egg Salad: Adding in this healthy grain is a great way to add in extra protein to your egg salad.
If I can write like you, then I would be very happy, but where is my luck like this, really people like you are an example for the world. You have written this comment with great beauty, I am really glad I thank you from my heart.