These Hash Brown Avocado Toasts with Fried Eggs are a fun spin on the popular avocado toast trend. This easy recipe is a great way to kick up breakfast!
Ingredients for Hash Brown Avocado Toast with Fried Eggs
- Hash Browns: I used the Trader Joe’s hash brown patties, but you can always make your own hash browns for this recipe.
- Avocado: Use a ripe avocado. Smash it with a fork (in the shell for easy clean up) and then place it on the hash brown.
- Eggs: Fry your eggs and then place them onto the avocado.
- Chili Oil: Use a chili oil to add a bit of spice to your breakfast.
- Neutral Oil: Use a neutral cooking oil for frying the hash browns. If you don’t like spice in your food, use the same oil to fry your eggs.
How to Make Hash Brown Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
This easy breakfast recipe is a creative way to use up those leftovers in your fridge.
Start by heating a frying pan over medium heat and fry up the hash browns. Once the hash browns are golden brown on each side, remove and set aside.
Cut open the avocado. Smash it with a fork and portion the smashed avocado onto the hash browns.
Wipe out the old cooking oil of the frying pan or use a fresh frying pan. Heat the pan over medium high heat and once the pan is hot, add in the chili oil or a neutral cooking oil. Crack the eggs into the pan and cover. Let them cook until the yolks are just set.
Once the eggs are fried, use a large spatula and carefully top your hash browns with them.
Best Hash Browns to Use
I like using the hash brown patties from Trader Joes. They are perfectly portioned and easy to fry up. They are just like the hash brown patties from McDonalds!
If you don’t have a Trader Joes near you, or you’d like to use up some russet potatoes in your pantry, make your own air fryer hash browns!
Frying the Eggs
I enjoy using chili oil to fry my eggs before adding them to the hash browns.
Once the pan is hot, add in the chili oil (or neutral cooking oil). Crack the eggs into the pan and cover for about 3 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are just set.
Toppings or Variations for Fried Eggs
There are many ways to change up this recipe (and use up those odds and ends in the fridge!).
- Green Onions: Add a pop of color to the tops of your hash brown avocado toasts. Dice the onion finely and then sprinkle on top before serving.
- Freshly Ground Pepper: Ask your diners if they would like freshly cracked pepper to the tops of their eggs.
- Crunchy Chili Oil: My personal favorite is adding a spicy chili oil to top off any of the favorite recipes.
- Sourdough Toast: Swap out the hash brown for a grilled piece of sourdough and turn this recipe into a traditional avocado toast recipe!