Since Disneyland has been closed due to COVID-19, the park started releasing their coveted parks recipes. Among the released recipes were: at-home Dole Whip, Kona Cafe’s Tonga Toast and the Main Street Bakery’s Cinnamon’s Rolls. The Disneyland grilled cheese is a fan favorite that Disney recently released its coveted recipe to.
Now, I must warn you, none of these Disneyland foods are low calorie, low fat, or low carb. They’re hearty, feel-good classics.
The grilled cheese is made up of three main components: bread with a mayonnaise layer, a cream cheese spread and the cheese slices. I just wish I had a can of tomato soup to go with my sandwich.
The recipe Disneyland released makes four sandwiches, but I only wanted one, so I tailed the recipe to make myself one grilled cheese. Below is the recipe I used to make myself one sandwich based on the Disneyland recipe.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|5 minutes||10 Minutes||15 minutes|
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- pinch salt
Cream Cheese Spread:
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 slices provolone
- 2 slices cheddar
- Prep all your spreads: create your mayonnaise spread (add your mayo to a bowl and add the garlic and salt) mix it together and set aside. Create your cream cheese spread by adding cream cheese, shredded cheddar and heavy cream into a bowl and mix.
- Lay out the bread and add half of the cream cheese mixture to each piece of bread. Place the cheese on top of the cream cheese spread. Close the sandwich.
- Brush the outside of the sandwich with the mayo spread.
- Place in a pan and heat on medium.
- The sandwich is done when the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
Have you had the Disneyland grilled cheese and would you try to recreate it at home?